Do you want to know how to keep your Invisalign aligners looking and smelling fresh? If yes, this article is for you. Below, we’ll discuss the best ways to clean your Invisalign trays and take care of them to ensure they last longer. Let’s get to it!
Importance of Cleaning Your Invisalign Trays
Cleaning your Invisalign trays is important for several reasons. First, it helps prevent discoloration and odor caused by bacteria and plaque buildup. Secondly, cleaning your trays regularly helps keep them free from harmful bacteria that can cause infections or damage your teeth. Lastly, cleaning your trays helps ensure that they last longer and remain effective throughout your treatment.
How Often Should You Clean Your Invisalign Trays?
We recommend cleaning your Invisalign aligners twice daily, in the morning and evening. This will remove any bacteria, debris, or food particles stuck inside your teeth during the entire day.
What is the Best Way to Clean Your Invisalign Aligners?
There are several ways to clean your Invisalign aligners, here are the most effective ones:
- Using Invisalign Crystals
- Using Sterialigner
- Using Retainer Cleaning Tablets
- In a mixture of Hydrogen Peroxide and warm water
- In a mixture of baking soda and water (one tablespoon of baking soda and half a cup of water)
- In a mixture of distilled white vinegar and water (one-part white vinegar and three parts lukewarm water)
- Soak your Invisalign trays in these solutions for 20 minutes and then rinse them with cold water.
Which Cleansers Should You Avoid While Cleaning Invisalign?
Now that we’ve explored the best ways to clean your Invisalign aligners, let’s talk about what not to use. Avoid using the following cleansers:
- Dishwasher/ Cleaning Soap: Soap can leave a residue on your aligners and irritate your mouth.
- Mouthwash: Mouthwash can discolor or damage your aligners.
How to Take Care of Your Invisalign Aligners?
All said and done, cleaning is not the only way to take care of your Invisalign aligner. You still need to do a few other things to ensure that your Invisalign is in great shape. Here are some additional tips to help you take good care of your aligners:
- Don’t Use Hot Water to Clean: Hot water can warp the aligners and damage them. Always use lukewarm water when cleaning your aligners.
- Store Your Aligners in Airtight Containers Every Time You Remove Them: This will prevent bacteria and germs from settling on the aligners and keep them fresh and clean.
- Avoid Eating or Drinking with Invisalign: Eating and drinking while wearing your aligners can damage them and cause discoloration. Remove them before eating or drinking anything other than water.
- Never Smoke While Wearing an Invisalign: Smoking while wearing your aligners can cause discoloration and damage to the aligners
Contact EaDo Family Dental!
If you have additional concerns about your clear Invisalign or have questions about your general oral health that you need answered, don’t hesitate to contact EaDo Family Dental. We are Houston’s number one family dental practice and we’ll see to it that your needs are met. Contact us today to make an appointment with our Houston dentist.
Comments are closed.